Mosquito repellant? What to use?
t***@outlook.com
2015-02-17 05:15:18 UTC
Anybody have some advice to which is the best & long lasting insect
repellant? I don't want the mosquitoes to ruin my camping trip.
Thanks,
Chris.
Hey guys, theres a bunch of things that work out there.
That don't need to be harsh for our skin or environment,

Theres a good couple of recipes online of essential oils you can mix up and create a wicked bug away spray.

I was tree planting last year and what I used for that season, being my first was Neem oil. I had heard that it was quite effective and I saw some at the awesome health food store. I covered my arms with neem oil which has somewhat a smell of a thai peanut sauce with cooked onions in it.

or something of the kind, the smell was not bad but it was present.
And it worked really well I just needed to add some when ever it eventually wore off a bit if there were too many mosquitoes.

This year I am creating a concoction of essential oils I hear that work really well, It will smell better and is fun to make.

Natural citronella smells quite good. and its mixed with a couple more, eucalyptus is one of them and then you can add from many different kinds, ideas are cloves, cinnamon, cedarwood, lemon, Lavender, rose, tea tree and almost anything you like, just make sure its not a smell bugs like too.
Chick Tower
2015-02-18 17:28:06 UTC
Anybody have some advice to which is the best & long lasting insect
repellant? I don't want the mosquitoes to ruin my camping trip.
Hey guys, theres a bunch of things that work out there....
Damn! If you only could have waited 4.5 more months, you could have
replied to a twenty-year-old post.
--
Chick Tower

For e-mail: rbc DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net