Help with backpacking Stove
j***@gmail.com
2016-08-18 00:42:27 UTC
Is anyone familiar with a backpacking stove called Medalist Universal?
This stove says Sierra Stove on one side, its top and bottom fold
together to form a compact storage unit about 4 inches in diameter and
1.5 inches thick. There are four components that make up this stove; a
base, a top, a valve assembly, and a burner. It uses some kind of fuel
bottle that requires one to wet the needle opposite the valve before
inserting the fuel canister on to the stem. I think the fuel canister
is removable. I'm guessing that this stove is 25 years old.
I need to know what type of fuel to use with this stove and if the fuel
canisters are still available.
If anyone knows anything about this stove or who the manufacture was
Thanks
KEN
My husband is looking for fuel canisters for his Medalist Universal stove. Have you found a source for them? Please contact us at ***@gmail .com
JD
2017-09-17 20:58:41 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
See the following URL. I believe you are describing the old Hank Roberts Stove.
They don't make the fuel canisters anymore.

https://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2012/02/hank-roberts-stove-with-proper-canister.html

JD