Terrain is masked around Flagstaff
VolcanoAdventurer
2014-11-05 17:09:53 UTC
Does anyone know why the terrain is masked around Flagstaff, AZ in Google maps? The missing terrain seems to follow the boundary of the Coconino NF. The problem began a month or two ago and Google hasn't responded to reports about it.

This link shows the problem: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1812076,-111.607959,11z/data=!5m1!1e4
As you can see, terrain is visible in adjacent areas.

Thanks
croy
2014-11-06 17:04:13 UTC
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 09:09:53 -0800 (PST), VolcanoAdventurer
Post by VolcanoAdventurer
Does anyone know why the terrain is masked around Flagstaff, AZ in Google maps? The missing terrain seems to follow the boundary of the Coconino NF. The problem began a month or two ago and Google hasn't responded to reports about it.
As you can see, terrain is visible in adjacent areas.
I'm not seeing (or at least not noticing) any masking at
that link.
croy
z***@gmail.com
2014-12-01 19:04:53 UTC
I am having the same issue. Google has not responded.
s***@gmail.com
2014-12-01 22:44:35 UTC
Post by VolcanoAdventurer
Does anyone know why the terrain is masked around Flagstaff, AZ in Google maps? The missing terrain seems to follow the boundary of the Coconino NF. The problem began a month or two ago and Google hasn't responded to reports about it.
As you can see, terrain is visible in adjacent areas.
Thanks
I am also having this problem on my work as well as home computer. I have reported it with the "Report a Problem" link and have not heard anything back from Google