Canadian Army Goose Down Sleeping Bag
N Winter
2022-10-20 07:52:19 UTC
Hi all,
I am planning to buy a Canadian army sleeping bag from an army surplus
store. It cost $100 and the guy at the store told me the bag is good for
-20C. Is this true? Any comments?
David
Edmonton, Alberta
CANADA
The Canadian army sleeping bag is really 2 seperate sleeping bags , both nearly identical . There's an inner ,and an outer . I have slept in 0 C temperature with just one . with the inner bag tucked inside the outer you will be comfortable at -27 C , but you need to be protected from the frozen ground with a good sleeping pad. The feathers get squashed flat and lose the insulating value . These bags are very very durable . not like todays sport bags that need tender love and care . I throw mine in the washer ,then dryer , they take a beating .. Oh yeah they will melt if you smoke and the cig touches them for long . but I sewed a hole I melted in mine .
n***@ng-mail.net
2023-08-17 18:42:52 UTC
Post by N Winter
[...]
I love that this is reply to an original post that is almost 30 years
old. Usenet is amazing