cleaning canvas dining fly
ps56k
2013-11-11 21:44:49 UTC
We've had a canvas dining fly up all summer,
and just recently took it down today - before it snows -

There are a couple of "low spots" where water and oak tree leaf/acorn debris
would gather,
and it's kinda dark, dirty, etc -

Any thoughts on trying to clean this off ?
I was going to just try some dish soap and soft brush ??
--
/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
No Good Deed -
Goes Unpunished
Chick Tower
2013-11-13 04:29:56 UTC
["Followup-To:" header set to rec.backcountry.]
Post by ps56k
There are a couple of "low spots" where water and oak tree leaf/acorn debris
would gather,
and it's kinda dark, dirty, etc -
Any thoughts on trying to clean this off ?
I was going to just try some dish soap and soft brush ??
That's worth a try. If it doesn't work, maybe some OxyClean will.
I don't know if it's available outside the U.S., though.

If it's just a cosmetic problem, it might not be worth trying so hard
you damage the tarp or it's water-repellency. I'm not sure I would try
bleach or lye, for example.
--
Chick Tower

For e-mail: rbc DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net